Entry to Japan
All foreigners coming to Japan are required for visa application specially those who are planning to stay for longer period.
For short term stay, foreigners coming from countries under the “Visa Exemption Agreement” are not required to apply for visas. In which case includes, if the foreigner’s visiting purpose is only for tourism, commerce, conferences and visiting acquaintances. The allowed number of stay is only 90 days for visa exempted nationalities.
You can view the full list of countries under the “Visa Exemption Agreement”.
On the other hand, the countries listed below are required to apply for visa. Kindly check the details by clicking on the link of each country listed.
Foreign nationals, who wish to work in Japan, is required a visa that will allow them to work in Japan. It is NOT allowed to work if you only have a tourist visa.
A job offer in Japan is required to successfully apply for most types of working visas and to enter the country on a status of residence permitting work.
There are various kinds of visa each allowing the holder to work in a specific professional field, e.g. Engineer, Instructor or Entertainer. If you change your job while you are in Japan and your new job falls into a different professional field (e.g. from Education to Engineering), you will need to change your status of residence.
In order to qualify for most working visa types, a university degree or a professional experience in the applicable field is required.
For tourism purposes visa application requirements includes:
- 1 Valid Passport
- 1 Visa Application Form
- 1 Photo ( passport size )
- Proof of sufficient funds to shoulder all the expenses while in Japan ( bank certificate, income tax certificate )
- Itinerary during stay in Japan ( travel itinerary, hotel bookings )
Below are the list of approved travel agencies in the Philippines.
|Agency Name||Office||Contact No.|
|ATTIC TOURS PHILS.,INC|
|Roxas Blvd.Manila Main Office||Unit 202 Coko Bldg.1,Patio Madrigal Compound, 2550 Roxas Blvd.,Pasay City 1302||02-556-6301 to 6305|
|Hotel Jen Branch||Ground Floor,Hotel Jen Manila, 3001 Roxas Blvd.,PsayCity 1305||02-984-0566 02-668-9845 02-516-0699|
|Cebu Branch||Lobby,Waterfront Airport Hotel 1 Airport Road, Lapu-lapu City,Mactan Island,Cebu||032-341-2011 032-341-2012|
|Discovery Tour, Inc．|
|Main Office||Unit301G/Floor Sagittarius Building,H.V.Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village,Makati City.||02-892-2849 0915-320-0780 0999-943-5231|
|Cebu Branch||Door No.203-A1 2nd Flr.Northgate Center, Don Manuel Gotianuy Complex, Gov.Cuenco Ave., Banilad City, Cebu ( Beside UC-Banilad Campus)||032-340-1822 0916-958-3489 0999-420-5556|
|Davao Branch||Door 109 G/F Court View Inn Bldg. Quimpo Blvd. Cor. Sandawa Road, Davao City （ Beside Ice Giants)||082-285-7188 082-284-4114 0915-326-0111|
|FRIENDSHIP TOURS AND RESORTS CORPORATION|
|Makati Branch||3/F 331 Building, 331 Senator Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City||0632-894-0886|
|Manila Branch||Ground Flr., GLC Bldg., A. Mabini cor. T.M. Kalaw St. Ermita, Manila||0632-523-8801 to 07|
|Main Office||Unit301G/Floor Sagittarius Building,H.V.Dela Costa Street, Salcedo Village,Makati City.||02-892-2849|
|RAJAH TRAVEL CORPORATION|
|Main Office||3rd. Flr., Dusit Thani Manila, Ayala Center, Makati City||02-810-9622|
|Cebu Branch||Unit 215A Business Center B, Oakridge Business Park, 880 A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City||032-345-3459|
|RELI TOURS AND TRAVEL AGENCY|
|Main Office||3rd Floor, Dusit Thani Hotel, Ayala Center,Makati City||02-894-1210|
|SM Mall of Asia Branch||South Park 123, SM Mall of Asia, Bay City, Pasay City||02-556-1447|
|SM Megamall Branch||Unit 215A Business Center B, Oakridge Business Park, 880 A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City||032-345-3459|
|SM South Mall Branch||Unit 215A Business Center B, Oakridge Business Park, 880 A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City||032-345-3459|
|Lucky Chinatown Branch||Unit 215A Business Center B, Oakridge Business Park, 880 A.S. Fortuna St., Banilad, Mandaue City||032-345-3459|
|UHI (Universal Holidays Inc.)|
|Main Office||Mezzanine Floor,Dusit Thani Manila Hotel, Ayala Center,1223 Makati City||02-859-3857|
CHECKLIST OF REQUIREMENTS
for registration and issuance of the Overseas Employment Certificate (Exit Clearance) NAME HIRE WORKERS
- Validity period of not less than six (6) months from intended date of departure
- Valid Work Visa
- Please refer to the “Application Visa Tab” above for the list of accredited travel agencies for Japan Visa Application.
- Employment Contract
- Company Profile of Foreign Company/Employer, valid Business License or Company Registration of your Employer
- Statement of how you were able to get the employment
- copy of Diploma, Employment Certificates, Service Record or Training Certificates and License/Eligibility (PRCcard), if any
- Valid Medical Certificate
- from DOH-accredited medical clinic authorized to conduct med exam for OFWs. For embalmers and massage therapists, submit DOH Certificate.
- Pre-Departure Orientation and Seminar (PDOS) Certificate by OWWA
- If with relative/s in the worksite, submit proof of relationship such as Marriage Contract or birth certificate
For detailed information on processing OEC and processing fees. Please refer to the information below
- Address : Blas F. Ople Building, Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
- Website : http://www.poea.gov.ph/
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact No. (PH) : 722-11-44 / 722-11-55