Chopsticks etiquette is also a big YES in Japan! You also have to be conscious of how you use chopsticks in Japan. There are some things that you need to remember what you should do or what you should not do when you’re using chopsticks in Japan.
As Japanese use chopsticks (箸 / はし, hashi) for almost all the dishes that they eat, they follow some rules when using them.
If you really love using chopsticks, here some of the things that you need to remember when using chopsticks in Japan.
- Hold the chopsticks correctly
- When chopsticks are not used
- Do not place your chopsticks in an upright position while unused
- Do not give food from chopsticks to chopsticks
- Do not rub your chopsticks together
- Do not lick you chopsticks
- Do not spear your food with chopsticks
- Do not cross your chopsticks
- Do not point anyone with your chopsticks
- Do not play with your chopsticks
Etiquette in Japan
Helpful Information for First-timers in JapantecbDev
Dining out and Table Manners Etiquette in JapantecbDev
Japanese Etiquette: ChopstickstecbDev
Dos and Don’ts in Japan: Tips for First TimerstecbDev
RULES THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER BREAK: Train Etiquette in JapantecbDev
Japan Do’s and Don’ts for visiting Shrines and TemplestecbDev