Koishikawa Korakuen is one of the oldest garden in Tokyo, it was preserved from the Edo period (1603 – 1868). It is a few minutes walk from Tokyo Dome. Behind the hustle and bustle of the modern city of Tokyo, gardens like Koishikawa Korakuen are a breath of fresh air for everyone visiting.
I have visited the garden twice, first during the Sakura season and my second visit was in summer. You can just sit on the benches around the garden’s pond and appreciate the beauty of this man-made nature.
How to get there?
- Kesei Skyliner to Ueno – Express train
- Kesei Main Line to Ueno – Semi Express train
- 30 minutes on foot from Ueno station
- 5 minutes on foot from Ueno-Okachimachi station on Oedo Line
- 1 minute on foot from Keisei-Ueno station
|Address||1 Chome-6 Kōraku Bunkyō-ku, Tōkyō-to 112-0004|
|Business Hours||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Admission Fee||300 Yen|