Photo by: KIMIMASA MAYAMA, EPA-EFE
With exactly one year before the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, during the opening ceremony on July 24, 2021 (Wednesday), official medal designs for the olympic games were unveiled, designed by Junichi Kawanishi. These medals were made by recycled on almost 80,000 tons phones and other electric gadgets which were donated by many people in Japan thtough the Tokyo 2020 Medal Project of the Organizers.
There are 5,000 medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze) expected to be given in Tokyo 2020, Summer Olympics and Paralympics combined.
TOKYO 2020 OFFICIAL MEDALS
Photo by: mainichi.jp
The size of the medals is 85mm in diameter which features the Greek Goddess of Victory, Nike. Also, it features the official logo design of the Tokyo 2020.
- TOKYO 2020: Ticket Lottery registration starts on May 09, 2021
- How to Register for TOKYO 2020 Olympics ID
- Things You Need To Know About TOKYO 2020
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics Official Venues
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics Ticket Prices
- TOKYO 2020: Ticket Types
NOTE: ALL INFORMATION ON THIS ARTICLE ARE TRANSLATED FROM THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF TOKYO 2020.