Are you already excited for TOKYO 2020 on both Olympics and Paralympics next year?
I bet, you wanna watch your favorite sports live. You can do that, ticket sales will be starting soon. But before buying a ticket, you should consider what ticket you want to buy. Yes, you heard that right! There more than one type of ticket that you can choose.
Here are the types of ticket that you can choose from so that you can decide before the ticket sales begin.
Types of Tickets
General Ticket (一般チケット)
A general ticket is a regular ticket for the people who live in Japan. You can buy this ticket if you will watch the opening ceremony, closing ceremony or any of the sports event competition. You can apply for this ticket via ticket lottery which will the application begin on May 9, 2019, Thursday, for more details about the application, visit this article: TOKYO 2020 Ticket Lottery Registration. There is a maximum number of tickets that can be won each person.
- All tickets (with seats) are the same for any ages.
- For children aged under 2 years old (on the day of the competition): they are free per ticket holder (no seat and ticket required) but if there are two or more aged under 2, an extra seat\ticket is required. The same is true for the venue.
Wheel-chair User Ticket / Companion Ticket (車いすユーザーチケット／同伴者チケット)
A Wheel-chair User Ticket / Companion Ticket is a ticket for those who are using wheelchairs and their companions who want to watch live in TOKYO 2020. Like the General Ticket, you can buy this ticket if you want to watch any competition event, opening and closing ceremony. And also, this ticket can be applied to the ticket lottery that will start on May 09, 2019, Thursday. You can apply for one is to one basis, one wheel-chair user ticket – one companion ticket. There is a maximum number of tickets that can be won each person.
- Companion seating and wheelchair seating will be “next to” seating.
- A general ticket can also be applied if you apply for the companion ticket as long as the application limit is not reached. Wheelchair (including companion) seating and general seating will be held at remote locations.
- The seating area is not in the general seating area. There will be a designated area for this type of ticket.
Group Ticket (東京2020みんなで応援チケット)
A support ticket is a ticket for those families or group with one or more people have seniors over 60 years old, children below 12 years old and people with disabilities. Like the first two types of ticket, you can buy this ticket if you want to watch any competition event, opening and closing ceremony. And also, this ticket can be applied to the ticket lottery that will start on May 09, 2019, Thursday. The price of this ticket is for 2,020 Yen (tax included) per sheet.
- The target age is on the day of the competition.
- There are only limited tickets. The sales of this ticket will stop when the limit is reached.
- For the Closing Ceremony, all the groups who purchased this ticket must bring and show valid identification. More details will be sent on the email of the purchasers.
Package Type (公式パッケージの種類)
TOKYO 2020 Olympic Official Trip Package (東京2020オリンピック公式観戦ツアー)
Official travel service partners of Tokyo 2020 will also sell tickets for tours with packages including accommodation, transportation and etc. to get the visitors from all over Japan to the competition venue. The lottery reception for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Tour is scheduled after late May 2019.
NOTE: Tickets are not sold in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Official Tour
For more information, please visit the company’s sales site.
TOKYO 2020 Olympic Official Hospitality Package (東京2020オリンピック公式ホスピタリティパッケージ)
This type of package is a combination of tickets with food and beverages services at the on-site lounge. The target event competitions of the package are Opening ceremony, Wrestling, Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer, Golf, Gymnastics, Judo, Karate, Taekwondo, Table Tennis, Rugby, Equestrian, Athletics, Beach Volleyball, Swimming. Application for this package will start after June 2019.
In addition to this, the organization is considering a ticket program (Tokyo 2020 Ticket Plus (provisional name)) which is a combination of tournament-related goods and souvenirs in addition to tickets.